SHARE-ORG : Pre-announcement
SHARE-ORG – Discover Stories, Connect Communities! is a worldwide RE-ORG competition which will be organized in the course of the year 2019.
The collections that museums accumulated since their creation are linked to their surroundings (province, region, city…) and are therefore meaningful to the communities they serve. The objective of SHARE-ORG is to stimulate innovation by encouraging (RE-ORG) museums worldwide to develop projects and activities that will focus on using their collections to benefit the public.
SHARE-ORG – Discover Stories, Connect Communities! is an international project coordinated by the Preventive Conservation Unit of KIK-IRPA in partnership with:
- the Conseil International des Musées Belgique Wallonie/Bruxelles (ICOM-BWB);
- the International Council of Museums Belgium Flanders (ICOM Belgium Flanders);
- the Central Institute for Conservation (CIK) in Belgrade;
- the Interdisciplinary research on Archaeological & Architectural Conservation (Diadrasis) in Athens;
- the Canadian Conservation Institute (CCI) in Ottawa;
- ICCROM (International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property) in Rome.
The project is funded by the Belgian Science Policy Office (BELSPO). More info to be followed.